Saturday, July 19, 2008

When, not if, troubles come your way

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance" Romans 5:3. I say this all the time to friends and family. Just because we are Christians, doesn't mean that troubles will not find us. They test our strength, they test our endurance, they test our faith. But in the midst of them, we feel alone, or in my case hot and sweaty. You see my "trial" for this time period is that my AC decided it no longer wanted to partake in the daily ritual of cooling my home down. So this is me for the next few days until a new one is replaced......
Don't you all feel sooo sorry for me?? Don't you want to take me out for ice cream so I can cool off, or offer to pay for me to be in a five star hotel????? I am trying to see how I am going to grow through this experience. Endurance: enduring the hot muggy nights? Faith: that the AC people know what they are doing and will cool me off soon? Strength: so that I don't pass out from the heat? Help me out, what do you think the lesson is? How do I rejoice in a time like this?????

1 comment:

Jesse Acosta said...

you rejoice because you KNOW its only a temp problem..

thanks kim i learned something my self...