Friday, August 8, 2008

Listening through the chatter....

I had every intention when I signed up, to attend both days of the Leadership Summit. FRC was a host site and telecast the two day event via HD. Unfortunately, my work schedule only allowed me 1/2 a day. I missed Craig Groeschel and Bill Hybels, BUT those I did see had great things to say. One speaker stands out to me more than the others. Her, that's right HER name is Catherine Rohr. She is the Founder and CEO of Prison Entrepreneurs Program. You have to check out the website http://www.pep.org/ and read the story. AMAZING!!! She stands in her obedience to His calling, and even when it seemed like the wrong choice, she trusted in Her Father. So many of us ask God "Why won't you talk to me?" "What do you want me to do with my life?" "What is my calling?". I bet that one of two things have happened or are happening. (1) you aren't quieting yourself to hear Him or (2) you heard Him but weren't obedient. Some people hear God but because it's not what they want, they dismiss it, therefore dismissing the opportunity to take a step closer to reaching their God Potential. For me I'm both. I'm talking so loud, that when He does talk, I ask Him to be quiet so I can hear myself more. Or I hear Him and feel the nudge, but stand paralyzed in fear of what He is asking me to do. And the last time I checked "fear" was not a fruit of the Spirit. Fear is man-made. Fear is the enemy grabbing hold and speaking all those untruths over and over again. When I am going to stand in total Faith and Trust in My Father? I hear stories like that of Ms. Rohr and ask, wow, I wish that was me, then I hear God say, Kim, I've been nudging you all along, when are you going to hand me your fears? Not now God, I'm trying to have a conversation with myself........

No comments: